Nvidia proprietary driver made Cinnamon crashed

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dupo

Re: Nvidia proprietary driver made Cinnamon crashed

Post by Dupo »

Hi,

ok. ;)

I wanted to check with the Nouveau driver if I had the same problems with the FN keys for the brightness (see above). So I uninstalled everything about the nvidia driver, but now the driver manager has disappeared from the control center. Do you know how to restore it?

Thanks.
roblm
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Nvidia proprietary driver made Cinnamon crashed

Post by roblm »

Dupo wrote: but now the driver manager has disappeared from the control center.
I don't remember reading any topic in this forum where the Driver Manager disappeared after changing video drivers. I could not
find any topics in doing a search either. The usual complaint by other users is that the Driver Manager is empty.

You can try opening it by typing this command in the Terminal:
driver-manager

Or open the File Manager and go to /usr/share/applications and click on Driver Manager, if it's there.

If you right click on the folder “applications” and select “Open as Root”, you can then drag the Driver Manager icon to the desktop
to create a shorcut.

Perhaps installing another Nvidia driver and then uninstalling it would restore Driver Manager. Otherwise I can't think of anything
else besides a Mint reinstallation. In the future, you may want to use the Synaptic Package Manager to install drivers, because it
has fewer problems. Just use the Driver Manager to get the driver names.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”