ICC profiles

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
trikster

ICC profiles

Post by trikster »

I am trying to figure out how I can use an ICC profile that I created in Windows on Linux Mint 17. I have been looking and haven't really found anything that is really helping me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rbmorse

Re: ICC profiles

Post by rbmorse »

Try copying the profile to:

/home/username/.local/share/icc/profilename

note the .local directory is preceded by a "." character in the path.

Open the color applet from the main menu, select the appropriate device, click on add profile then select your desired profile from the list on the pulldown.
trikster

Post by trikster »

OK, gave that a try. I am confuzzled though. I was able to import just fine and the profile is running, but it looks a lot warmer than it should on Mint than it does on Windows. The hardware is the same, not sure why it is happening.
rbmorse

Post by rbmorse »

That is odd. My experience is that I can run the same profile on Windows 8.1 and Mint 17 and things look pretty close on both.

I wonder if there is some setting in the profile, or the profiler, that is system specific rather than an absolute. Perhaps the next time you run the profiler you could look for something like that...probably a color temp or reference white point or something like that.
trikster

Post by trikster »

I looked into that. I didn't see anything to indicate that at all. I am using the EyeOne software on Windows 7 to do the calibration. It actually isn't bad, just gives the appearance of 6500k vs. 5100k that I am calibrated too. Is there a tool that can tell me what is in the ICC profile?

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”