Mint 17 'Qiana' with Asus Silent - ATI Radeon 4350

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
idanhahn

Mint 17 'Qiana' with Asus Silent - ATI Radeon 4350

Post by idanhahn »

Hey,

I'm trying to Install 'Qiana' - (Mint 17 32bit cinnamon) on My old computer that runs with Asus Silent - ATI Radeon 4350.
After installing I'm getting either black screen for normal boot or "safe mode style" with low resulotion and software video renderizing.
I tried implementing several solution I've found online but with no success.
The solution I rememebr trying:
1. download ATI software driver from ATI solution center - failed due to lots of incompetabilty issues with mint 17.
2. configuring Xorg file
3. removing fglrx
and MORE but they're all failed and most of the guides are just incomplete or wrong.
Please, Can someone provide a full, well explained and working solution?
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
idanhahn

Re: Mint 17 'Qiana' with Asus Silent - ATI Radeon 4350

Post by idanhahn »

someone?
Mark Phelps
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Mint 17 'Qiana' with Asus Silent - ATI Radeon 4350

Post by Mark Phelps »

most of the guides are just incomplete or wrong.
If by this, you mean guides for installing AMD drivers on Mint 17 to use your video card -- that's because AMD driver support for your card was dropped back in the Mint 13 days. Since then, the X-server version present in newer Mint versions is incompatible with the now "legacy" AMD drivers for your card. So, basically, apart from installing Mint 13 from scratch, there's nothing you can do now to get the AMD fglrx drivers working with your card.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”