Intel graph card does not display thru displayport

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pamplemousse

Intel graph card does not display thru displayport

Post by pamplemousse »

hi all,
i am very new to the linux world. here is a brief introduction to me and my set-up.
i live in sw france. i got a company desktop computer which was about to be withdrawn by out IT - renewing the computers. i want to connect it to my tv to use my tv as a screen but something does not work. the computer is a HP compaq model, i can't exactly tell which one. i installed linux mint (first time ever). here is the basic info:
os is linux mint cinnamon 64-bit
cinnamon 2.2.13
linux core 3.13.0-24 generic
CPU is intel core 2 duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz * 2
graph card is an intel corporation 4 series chipset integrated graphics controller
i cannot see any driver or peripherics (not sure of the english translation on this one) when i am trying to show them through the administration panel

so my issue is: the graph card has VGA, displayport and another VGA male connector (with pins) outputs. i want to connect the display port to my sony bravia tv and have bought a displayport to hdmi cable. the computer recognises the TV as a 2nd screen but the TV does not see any input. i am assuming the graph card has an issue with displaying thru displayport. i have tried either to consider TV as 1st screen but also to simply disconnect the VGA cable but still no display.
any help is welcome
cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”