Terminal resolution w/ NVIDIA proprietary driver

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bluefalcon13

Terminal resolution w/ NVIDIA proprietary driver

Post by bluefalcon13 »

I have attempted to practice my google-fu on this issue with little to no results. I am running Linux Mint 17.2 w/ the NVIDIA driver from the driver manager on a quadro fx880m. When I shift to the terminal workspaces (control + alt f1) the resolution is terrible. I have attempted to follow some guides to adjust this via the grub config file, but there has been no change in the resolution. Has anyone gotten the NVIDIA driver to allow the correct terminal resolution?

Thanks,
Jason

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: Terminal resolution w/ NVIDIA proprietary driver

Post by Habitual »

bluefalcon13 wrote:When I shift to the terminal workspaces (control + alt f1) the resolution is terrible.
Jason:
Those are called consoles. ;)

See http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions ... y-vga-fail
for some tips.
bluefalcon13

Post by bluefalcon13 »

@Habitual thanks for the reply! I did previously attempt the edits to the grub config, but I did not read the KMS arch page. It appears that the proprietary Linux driver does not support higher resolutions in console :/

So this morphs into another question: does the nourevu driver have any major trade offs vs the proprietary (such as power efficiency, not in the realm of 3d performance)? I run mint on my older Dell precision m4500 for school related things, and battery life is a concern of mine.

Also, as a side note, touché Habitual, touché. I was unsure what the common term was for the console as some OSes name the terminal window console :P

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”