ati dual screen video problem

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marcia
Level 3
Level 3

ati dual screen video problem

Post by marcia »

Dear All,

I have a toshiba laptop with probably the radeon driver. It is an ati 9200 igp . I have Gloria installed. The dual screen works when connected vga style to my samsung hdtv. I can play youtube videos just fine on the hdtv screen. However, when I try to play my mp4 video clips that I took from my samsung camera with either, mplayer, vlc, or movieplayer, I get a black screen. The sound works on the hdtv and the video plays fine on my laptop screen but not on the hdtv. In otherwords it will show fine on my laptop but I get a black screen in the video window on my hdtv with this dual screen setup.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for any help.

Sincerely,

Marcia
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
emorrp1

Re: ati dual screen video problem

Post by emorrp1 »

Hello, have you tried disabling compiz? (Appearance > Effects > None) I remember plenty of black screens with compiz interfering.
marcia
Level 3
Level 3

Re: ati dual screen video problem

Post by marcia »

Thank you kindly for your answer. I believe I tried it with compliz off without a change. I cannot be 100 percent sure. When I get a chance to try it again I will check this out. I will let you know if it works or not.

Thanks very much.

Sincerely,

Marcia

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”