intel graphics help required please

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pompeyrodney
Level 1
Level 1

intel graphics help required please

Post by pompeyrodney »

I have an old Eizo 18inch monitor that is steadfastly refusing to identify itself correctly to mint 8, I presume. When I run lspci I get the following;

Code: Select all

Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02)
When i enter system-preferences-display it correctly identifies the monitor as an Eizo 18 inch but that seems to be all the info. The best resolution I am offered is 1152 x 864 but if i set to that I have a 1 inch border right around the screen display which makes me set 1024 x 768. This fills the screen horizontally about a quarter of an inch gap top and bottom vertically. When I was using Gloria I'm sure it would fill the whole screen then, at 1280 x 1024 I think. I am using the 2.2.9.99.902 Intel Driver if that is of any use. I also have the xorg-edgers ppa enabled as, if I understand right, that gives me the most up to date driver, is that correct. I would love to get the display correct as it really detracts from an otherwise great OS. Thanks in advance of any help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: intel graphics help required please

Post by richyrich »

I know this is a dumb question, but, have you tried to adjust the settings right on the monitor ?

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”