Intel 945GM drivers

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Strikegun

Intel 945GM drivers

Post by Strikegun »

Hello all, I've installed the drivers using this method: http://blog.programmerslog.com/?p=378 everything installed fine... BUT none of my games are detecting the drivers are installed. If anyone can help, it's appreciated.

P.S. I know it says for Ubuntu, I figured that since mint is based on Ubuntu that everything would work fine... If I'm wrong, just let me know and I'll try to find another method to get things working. TY!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Intel 945GM drivers

Post by richyrich »

What version and DE of Mint are you running ? What games ?
Open a terminal, type inxi -F (enter), inxi -G (enter), and copy/paste the whole output back here.

And in the mean time, please read these simple forum rules
Strikegun

Post by Strikegun »

Sorry about that, I'm Running Linux Mint 8, Helena, the games that don't see the drivers are pretty much all of them: Starcraft, Diablo 2, Knights of the Old Republic, Freespace 2, Freelancer, DDO Unlimited, a few otehrs I can't think of at the moment... KOTOR and Starcraft just freeze up when I go to load them. Haven't tried Diablo 2 in a while.

Here is the info from the inxi -F i got:
System: Host Chupa-Thingy Kernel 2.6.31-14-generic i686 (32 bit) Distro Linux Mint 8 Helena - Main Edition
CPU: Dual core Intel T2060 (SMP) cache 1024 KB flags (sse3 nx) bmips 6383.96
Clock Speeds: (1) 800.00 MHz (2) 800.00 MHz
Graphics: Card Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.6.4 Res: 1440x900@60.0hz
GLX Renderer N/A GLX Version N/A Direct Rendering N/A
Audio: Card Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family) High Definition Audio Controller driver HDA Intel
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.20
Network: Card Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection driver e100 v: 3.5.24-k2-NAPI at port 3000
Disks: HDD Total Size: 160.0GB (22.2% used) 1: /dev/sda WDC WD1600BEVS-2 160.0GB
Partition: ID:/ size: 100G used: 34G (36%) fs: ext4 ID:swap-1 size: 4.63GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap
Info: Processes 163 Uptime 36 min Memory 432.9/2004.1MB Client Shell inxi 1.2.6

inxi -G:
Graphics: Card Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.6.4 Res: 1440x900@60.0hz
GLX Renderer N/A GLX Version N/A
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

GLX Renderer N/A GLX Version N/A
- means that there are no drivers present !

The link you provided is for Mint 7, and I don't know what it has done to your system.

The method that I have used is to open mintUpdate -> Edit -> Preferences, and enable level 4 visible, refresh, then click the xserver-xorg-video-intel to install, apply, reboot, I'm done !

I'm on another pc at the moment, but this is what it should look like with the Intel drivers installed :
GLX Renderer Mesa DRI Intel G33 GEM 20090712 2009Q2 RC3 x86/MMX/SSE2 GLX Version 1.4 Mesa 7.6
Strikegun

Post by Strikegun »

It's not showing up on the mintUpdate =/ Looked it up in my package manager and that says it's installed...
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

You might have to enable the other repositories in Menu -> Control Center -> Software Sources. and re-try mintUpdate . . .

Or you can try "Mark for Re-installation" in the Package Manager . . . but something may have been corrupted on your previous attempts . . :(

You MAY have to think about a complete re-install, (I know, that is not what you want to hear!), just remember my previous post, and use mintUpdate !

good luck, richy :)
Last edited by richyrich on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strikegun

Post by Strikegun »

Haha, Thank you for the info Richy, you've been a BIG help xD

Been trying to get this installed right for almost a week, I'll reinstall it all, won't be much of a problem.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Read my edit above . . you may have missed the first line . . .
Strikegun

Post by Strikegun »

Haha, no I did, still nothing.

If I'm SOL, then ill just reinstall mint, nothing really important that I'd be losing, nothign a day's work can't fix up entirely, =)
Strikegun

Post by Strikegun »

Reinstall worked great, ty for the tips again, Richy.

I even managed to get DDO to work! Framerates sucked and I didn't have sound... But it worked!

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”