Cannot save Nvidia configuration file using NVIDIA settings

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
soumyaranjan1981

Cannot save Nvidia configuration file using NVIDIA settings

Post by soumyaranjan1981 »

Hi all,

I am using a Samsung Syncmaster 17" CRT monitor. I installed linux mint 8 x86 edition. I have a Nvidia 9400 GT graphics card with 1GB ram. I tried to install the new Nvidia graphics card driver version 190 (i.e. the latest .run package for nvidia website) in recovery mode as root login (ie run level 1). The graphics card driver installed successfully. When I login to my account, the compiz effects run just fine but my screen resolution changes to 1024x720 even if i set it to 1152x864. Then I open the Nvidia display manager and set the screen resolution to 1152x864 but when I try to save the configuration file, it doenot let me do so. So, each time I log out of my account and log in again, the screen resolution sets to 1025x720 instead of 1152x864. How do I resolve this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
deleted

Re: Cannot save Nvidia configuration file using NVIDIA settings

Post by deleted »

What's the error message (if any).
soumyaranjan1981

Re: Cannot save Nvidia configuration file using NVIDIA settings

Post by soumyaranjan1981 »

Well I found a way out... after installing the NVIDIA driver in non-GUI mode (recovery mode) as root, I restarted and logged in as root... then I opened the NVIDIA configuration panel I choose my desired settings and saved the config ... well this time it saved ! and now the resolution and all works just fine, including the desktop effects!! even after restart or logging out. :D

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”