Problem with ATI graphics

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
drew15

Problem with ATI graphics

Post by drew15 »

Hello,

I recently bought myself a ATI Sapphire Vapor-X 5770 video card with 1024MB of memory.
I built it in, installed the drivers, did some benchmarking with Unigine Benchmarks, I have some graphics problems during when there are some blur-effects(at least I think so) where half of the screen is black and the rest works fine, I get like 50-60 FPS without Anti-Aliasing, but when I turn it on, it just won't work, even if I set all the other effects to low and make it just x2, the graphics are totally buggy and there are just 2-3 FPS.

I reinstalled my system, since I wanted to do that anyway and I got the same problem(a friend of mine said, that it may be because I modified something in the Catalyst Control Center, so I didn't even open it). But I still got the same problems, if I try to play a game(WoW) with OpenGL through wine, all the gameobjects start to flicker around and move and stuff, it's unplayable. If I start it with d3d it hangs up at login. Everything worked fine with my old NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT with 512MB RAM.

I use Linux Mint 9 with GNOME 64-bit.

What should I do? :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: Problem with ATI graphics

Post by JasonLG »

drew15 wrote:Hello,

I recently bought myself a ATI Sapphire Vapor-X 5770 video card with 1024MB of memory.
I built it in, installed the drivers, did some benchmarking with Unigine Benchmarks, I have some graphics problems during when there are some blur-effects(at least I think so) where half of the screen is black and the rest works fine, I get like 50-60 FPS without Anti-Aliasing, but when I turn it on, it just won't work, even if I set all the other effects to low and make it just x2, the graphics are totally buggy and there are just 2-3 FPS.

I reinstalled my system, since I wanted to do that anyway and I got the same problem(a friend of mine said, that it may be because I modified something in the Catalyst Control Center, so I didn't even open it). But I still got the same problems, if I try to play a game(WoW) with OpenGL through wine, all the gameobjects start to flicker around and move and stuff, it's unplayable. If I start it with d3d it hangs up at login. Everything worked fine with my old NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT with 512MB RAM.

I use Linux Mint 9 with GNOME 64-bit.

What should I do? :(
ATI cards are nothing but problems in Linux. If I were you I'd return it or sell it and use your old NVIDIA card.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”