Nvidia 9 sereis(9400 GT)

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
krishna@mint

Nvidia 9 sereis(9400 GT)

Post by krishna@mint »

Hi there.I just installed LM9 and when i restarted after installation,a pop up message appeared regarding my graphics driver..when i click on hardware drivers it says "YOUR GRAPHIC DRIVER NEEDS TO BE ACTIVATED".so,when i click on authenticate and enter the password following error appears "SystemError: Failed to lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock" My os version is linux mint 9 64 bit....
PLEASE HELP!!!
Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance...

Note:-IF THIS IS THE WRONG SECTION...SORRY & LEMME KNOW where to post it.....

THANK U

krishna
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JasonLG

Re: Nvidia 9 sereis(9400 GT)

Post by JasonLG »

krishna@mint wrote:Hi there.I just installed LM9 and when i restarted after installation,a pop up message appeared regarding my graphics driver..when i click on hardware drivers it says "YOUR GRAPHIC DRIVER NEEDS TO BE ACTIVATED".so,when i click on authenticate and enter the password following error appears "SystemError: Failed to lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock" My os version is linux mint 9 64 bit....
PLEASE HELP!!!
Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance...

Note:-IF THIS IS THE WRONG SECTION...SORRY & LEMME KNOW where to post it.....

THANK U

krishna
You can't have 2 front ends/GUI's to apt open at the same time. (i.e. Synaptic, update manager, gdeb or driver installer)

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”