NVIDIA troubles

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robins80
Level 3
Level 3

NVIDIA troubles

Post by robins80 »

I have a Compaq Presario CQ50 using s NVidia 8200M video card. Everything was going fine until after I did an update. Now, whenever I boot, I get this error message:

Failed to initialize the NVIDIA. Please see the system's kernel log for additional error messages and consult the NVIDIA README for details.

and

Screens found, but none have a usable configuration.

What does this all mean?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
inktitan

Re: NVIDIA troubles

Post by inktitan »

I don't know why this happens but I fixed mine by using the hardware drivers program to uninstall the Nvidia drivers then reinstall them. Seemed to fix it.
Also if you get the pre-boot option screen after the error hitting the restart x puts it back in order. I hope some of this helps you. If not there are several posts in these forums about Nvidia you might be able to find one that had the exact problem you did and find your answers there.
robins80
Level 3
Level 3

Post by robins80 »

inktitan wrote:I don't know why this happens but I fixed mine by using the hardware drivers program to uninstall the Nvidia drivers then reinstall them. Seemed to fix it.
Also if you get the pre-boot option screen after the error hitting the restart x puts it back in order. I hope some of this helps you. If not there are several posts in these forums about Nvidia you might be able to find one that had the exact problem you did and find your answers there.
I tried that and nothing seemed to work, so I reinstalled. We'll see how it goes this time.
inktitan

Post by inktitan »

So how did it go?

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”