BFG Tech Nvidia GT 210 Screen Flicker...[SOLVED]

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gunmetal_Ghoul

BFG Tech Nvidia GT 210 Screen Flicker...[SOLVED]

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

I got this video card and made sure I removed the previous video driver from my 8400GS before I installed the card. I replaced it with proper care, booted up into Mint and installed the new driver. After I rebooted I discovered that the screen flickers every few seconds and turns off and on under normal use--very annoying. I am really wishing this to be a driver problem, because I only have a three-day return policy on ebay. I also found out too late *kicking myself* that BFG Tech no longer makes video cards! I feel frustrated. There. Now, is there a way to fix the problem?

[edit]: It could be my PSU. It only has 350 watts. It is however a Diablotek PHD Series power supply with an 80% efficiency rating...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Re: BFG Tech Nvidia GT 210 Screen Flicker...

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

Wow, I am quite impressed with the response I got from the seller! They promptly replied:
Dear gunmetal_ghoul,

I'm sorry to hear there is an issue. I'll send out another one tomorrow and you can continue to work with the one I sent. No worries about returning, I'd rather send you another to make sure you have one that works. There should be no issues once you plug it in, (like flickering, etc.) unless you have a faulty coaxial cable/connection, but this usually shows up as granularity problems.

Again my apologies and another one will be on it's way. If you get the other one to work, keep the new one I'm sending as a backup. I'm more interested in customer satisfaction, than getting it back, etc.

Thanks and since you are also in CA, I believe you should see by Saturday if I send tomorrow.

Candis

- family3onthego
I wholeheartedly recommend this seller if they have anything you would want. I'm thankful for ebay sellers that give excellent customer service.

Here's the seller: http://myworld.ebay.com/family3onthego? ... TQ:US:1181

Whatever happens, I'm glad that I, the customer, was well cared for. Cheers!
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Re: BFG Tech Nvidia GT 210 Screen Flicker...

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

I have not narrowed down the problem as of yet. I have reseated the card, [superficially] checked the driver, reconnected the internal VGA cord, and will soon get a DVI-to-VGA adapter to see if it's just some kinda faulty connection or wiring. Other than that, I'm just waiting for the new card's arrival and I'll probably give this one to my brother to test on his Windows machine. He may need it for WOW or 720p DVD rips. I'm hoping it'll be useful for him if the hardware's not really defective.
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Re: BFG Tech Nvidia GT 210 Screen Flicker..[SOLVED]

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

Turns out that the replacement works in my computer and I switched out my brother's old 7300GS with the flickery card, and poof, it works! He thanked me for the performance gain. Well, we're all happy campers now! :D
richyrich

Re: BFG Tech Nvidia GT 210 Screen Flicker...[SOLVED]

Post by richyrich »

good for you both . :) . I've had some good and bad experiences, the bad ones are now forgotten, as those experiences made me search more, read more, and finally choose a seller that I felt comfortable with . . . guess what? no more bad experiences ! :)

regards, richy

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”