How to get the driver for my Graphics card ?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sunand.ep

Post by sunand.ep »

Need help to find the driver for my Graphics card.Laptop model is Dell studio and the driver needed is for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 – 512 MB.
Is this Graphic card supported by Mint 10?
Please provide me the steps to find this driver.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
c0nsaw

Post by c0nsaw »

Open the menu and start typing "additional drivers", be sure to be connected to net, it'll scan, download and install, I have radeon hd 5000 series, i'm guessing yours is supported !!
sunand.ep

Re: How to get the driver for my Graphics card ?

Post by sunand.ep »

Let me try it.
Thank u very much for the information.
sunand.ep

Post by sunand.ep »

c0nsaw wrote:Open the menu and start typing "additional drivers", be sure to be connected to net, it'll scan, download and install, I have radeon hd 5000 series, i'm guessing yours is supported !!
Hi, I think i got the Application Ati catalyst installed on my laptop.Its showing under Preferences as Ati Catalyst Control Center.
I m able to open the application and can also apply the various options and settings, but now also i m unable to use any of the Compiz effects...

Please help me on this.
rdonnelly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rdonnelly »

Go to "Startup Applications Preferences" add a new start up and name it compiz or whatever, in the command line put

Code: Select all

compiz --replace --fast-filter
You can also run this in a terminal as a test with out logging out.
Using Mint since 2008
*Mint 18.2 KDE
*ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
*AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
*G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
*nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 2GB
sunand.ep

Post by sunand.ep »

rdonnelly wrote:Go to "Startup Applications Preferences" add a new start up and name it compiz or whatever, in the command line put

Code: Select all

compiz --replace --fast-filter
You can also run this in a terminal as a test with out logging out.
Thank you for the reply.
My compiz settings are working now,but after running this process whenever i open the menu it comes as blank/white colour and also sometimes the whole screen goes blank/white colour and cannot operate....( Because of this issue i didnt put Compiz in Startup )
(If i m trying to apply the rain settings in compiz,the screen goes complete blank)
Why is it happening so ?
Is der any solution for this ?

Thanks and regards,
Sunand.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”