Window Size Issues after Nvidia driver install

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
LinuxUser531700

Window Size Issues after Nvidia driver install

Post by LinuxUser531700 »

I have installed Mint9, Isadora running Fluxbox. All the updates have been downloaded and applied. When I attempt to activate the Nvidia drivers from menu option, all goes well until I reboot. The login screen is oversized, the menu is oversized and all the windows, Firefox and even terminal all over sized. When I check the Nvidia settings, all seems to be fine with the resolution I want use, but yet everything that I open are all over sized. The funny thing is, the desktop and the panel on the bottom seem fine and normal size.

I've downloaded and installed the Nvidia drivers both manually and by using the restricted driver installation tool. Both result in the same. Changing the resolution does nothing.

From some of the posts I've read, some seem similar but so far nothing none of the other posts I've read seem dead on like the problem I'm having. Is it possible that the nouveau drivers are causing a problem?

I have a geforce 210 graphics card that I installed recently in my computer so that I could use HDMI and display on my flat panel TV.

Anyone have any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Window Size Issues after Nvidia driver install

Post by nunol »

Have you check the NVIDIA X Server Settings, Advanced... button to see if you are using Panning? If everything is ok try the reset button.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”