Instlling a graphics card

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vicke4

Instlling a graphics card

Post by vicke4 »

i am new to linux mint.i have a hp laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4350 graphics card.i can't find any additional driver in additional drivers software to enable.where can i find a correct driver for my device?please help me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Instlling a graphics card

Post by viking777 »

vicke4 wrote:i am new to linux mint.i have a hp laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4350 graphics card.i can't find any additional driver in additional drivers software to enable.where can i find a correct driver for my device?please help me.
You cannot be serious :shock:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

As a non ATI user I found that by googling "ati linux" - it was the first page of the first site that came up.
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

I downloaded a .run file how to install it?envy is not working for me.please help me.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

vicke4 wrote:I downloaded a .run file how to install it?envy is not working for me.please help me.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI

Start from step 8.

And learn how to search - it is much quicker than getting other people to do it for you :!:
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

hey i followed the instructions i got

Error: Distro Version entered incorrectly or not supported, use --listpkg to identify valid distro versions
Error: Distro Version entered incorrectly or not supported, use --listpkg to identify valid distro versions

what should i do next please help me.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

If your driver installer is version 11-2

then run the command:

Code: Select all

sudo sh ati-driver-installer-11-2-x86.x86_64.run --listpkg
And see what it says.

If it isn't 11-2 then change the command to reflect the installer version that you have downloaded.

If that command gives sensible results then change the Ubuntu/maverick part of the command in step 11 to one of the options it gives you and carry out step 11 again.

BTW I repeat I do not even use an ATI card so all the answers I have given are nothing but guesswork, I cannot test them for you, you will have to do that yourself.
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

still it's not working can i try ati catalyst 11.2? any way to run envy? please help i want a graphics card driver.this time output is

Error: Packaging scripts failed to identify current distro/version. Please provide a distro/version from --listpkg as a parameter
Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.GfT020
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

viking777: for a .run, sh does not always work.

Use sudo ./ati-driver-installer-11-2-x86.x86_64.run --listpkg instead (make sure to open the terminal from the directory where the .run file is).
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

it s not working any ati users please please please help me.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”