problem in installed ati graphics driver

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vicke4

problem in installed ati graphics driver

Post by vicke4 »

i have installed ati driver by the instructions of the following url
note:i read and followed every instructions correctly

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Binar ... to/ATI[url][/url]

no problem the driver is instlled.but my problem is when i open ati control center i get following error report

There was a problem initializing Catalyst Control Center Linux edition. It could be caused by the following.

No ATI graphics driver is installed, or the ATI driver is not functioning properly.
Please install the ATI driver appropriate for you ATI hardware, or configure using aticonfig.

please help how to fix this problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Zero Prime

Re: problem in installed ati graphics driver

Post by Zero Prime »

All you have to do is open additional drivers and it will find the driver for your card. Activate then restart X or reboot. If your using Gnome, it will be under Administration, under KDE it is under System. Also, if your using KDE, then you might have to disable Kwallet. Your card is supported by these drivers.
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

There is no driver for me in additional drivers.please help me.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

What's your Mint?

Please post the output of the command "inxi -G".
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

my output is

Graphics: Card Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.9.0 Res: 1360x768@59.8hz
GLX Renderer N/A GLX Version N/A

i am using linux mint 10 julia.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

I'm assuming that you are on a desktop and the original graphics were intel integrated. You , or someone, upgraded to your current card. If that's the case try checking your system bios to make sure the onboard graphics are disabled.
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

there is no on board graphics in my laptop.now,i had another problem not working ati graphics card which is installed by me destroyed my desktop effects.Desktop effects was working before i installed ati.how to set my visual effects high?
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Now I'm confused, you just said you have a laptop, and have no onboard graphics and that you installed an ATI card in it? Please clarify because now I'm lost. Are we dealing with a laptop or a desktop? If it is a laptop, then please give me the make and model and I can help you a lot better. According to your output stated earlier, you do have onboard graphics. It is possible that something is causing a bad reading, but not likely. Also, if this is a desktop, please give the make and model if it was bought. If it is a custom build, give me the motherboard make and model. This info will help me in helping you. Thank you.
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

Thank you brother i have Hp Probook 4520s laptop.please help me.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

vicke4 wrote:Graphics: Card Intel Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller X.Org 1.9.0 Res: 1360x768@59.8hz
GLX Renderer N/A GLX Version N/A

i am using linux mint 10 julia.
Your linux says your graphic is intel. You have two graphics cards in you computer?
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Did you check the properties of the .run file to make sure that it is set as an executable file. The ATI .run driver downloads are never set as executable. It must be manually done through the file's properties or through the terminal.
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

Your linux says your graphic is intel. You have two graphics cards in you computer?[/quote]

i have a doubt with that.how to know is my laptop has a ati graphics card or not.
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

Zero Prime wrote:Did you check the properties of the .run file to make sure that it is set as an executable file. The ATI .run driver downloads are never set as executable. It must be manually done through the file's properties or through the terminal.
Please tell me my laptop has a ati graphics card or not.although i installed it through terminal not as executable file.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Post the output of the "lspci" command, hope your ATI card shows there.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

It won't, he tried that already. It's listed as an Intel.
nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Post by nunol »

Perhaps you have to disable the intel graphics in the BIOS so that the ATI card may work. Is there a BIOS option to disable the intel card or enable the ATI card?
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

my output was

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 12)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset HECI Controller (rev 06)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 06)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 06)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 06)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 2 (rev 06)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev 06)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 6 (rev 06)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 06)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a6)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 5 Series Chipset LPC Interface Controller (rev 06)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset 4 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 06)
00:1f.5 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset 2 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 06)
00:1f.6 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset Thermal Subsystem (rev 06)
43:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6200 (rev 35)
44:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 03)
ff:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture Generic Non-core Registers (rev 02)
ff:00.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture System Address Decoder (rev 02)
ff:02.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Link 0 (rev 02)
ff:02.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor PI Physical 0 (rev 02)
ff:02.2 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Reserved (rev 02)
ff:02.3 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Reserved (rev 02)

i think there is no ati card in my laptop.is this correct?it is gifted to me with suse linux enterprise desktop 11.please see my laptop specifications in the below link.they said it has ati mobility radeon hd 4530.check this please
http://www.mygadgetplanet.com/1573/hp-p ... ce-details
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 12)
No, this is your graphics controller.

Here all the full specs for your laptop. The ATI graphics controller was an option. You got the one with Intel graphics.
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm ... 45198.html
vicke4

Post by vicke4 »

What should i do next?can i install ati driver in Linux and windows?is my laptop has an ati graphics?please help me.Thank you
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

No, you do not have and ATI graphics card. You have an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. Intel GMA for short. You cannot use the ATI driver because you don't have and ATI chipset or graphics card. You do not have to believe me, but anyone else on this board will tell you the same thing. The link you posted for the specs on your laptop were only optional specs. You have the standard specs.

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”