Display issue

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
derbychick84

Display issue

Post by derbychick84 »

Hello :)

I am new to Mint and I had installed it last night. When I had installed it last night, the resolution/display was fine and did not have the vertical black bars on each side of the screen. I boolast night. When I had installed it last night, the resolution/display was fine and did not have the vertical black bars on each side this morning and noticed the black bars on the sides. Yesterday it was displaying normally without the black bars. I tried to go and change the screen resolution but when I did, my screen went black after the change (I didn't apply it to the system) and I had to reboot the OS.

I am wondering, is there is a command line I could enter to resolve the issue?

I had previously installed Mandriva 2011. After booting Mandriva and upon loading the desktop in Mandriva it would make my screen go black sometimes and would also display in the same way from time to time.

I am using a Toshiba Satellite L305-S5955 laptop with Linux Mint Katya (32-bit) under Gnome. My graphics card is a Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RickyMann

Re: Display issue

Post by RickyMann »

I assume you've tried to correct your resolution in the Monitors configuration? Is the problem that you can't save your settings, or that the display is just smaller than the physical screen?

Return to “Graphics Cards & Monitors”