Missing Resolution Settings / Selecting Primary Display

Screen resolution, 3D Acceleration, nVidia, ATI
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Missing Resolution Settings / Selecting Primary Display

Postby bernardblack on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:19 am

What is the recommended software I can download to give me more advanced display options for Mint 12?

In any other OS, I can select from a wide range of display resolution, when hooking up to my LG LCD TV via VGA. I need it to be set at 1280x720 but the option isn't there, as it is in MAC OSX, Windows, etc. It is a supported resolution by my TV. I have only to select from 1920x1080 (16:9), 1360x768(16:9), as my 16:9 options and the rest are all full-screen aspect ratios. Also, for some reason, Mint decides to make my TV primary display. Is there no way to change what device has all of your desktop content e.g. UI, shortcuts etc? They all migrate over to the LG TV and make my laptop secondary display, no matter where I drag the LG TV and Laptop box. Also, most other OS's have an option to Dualview, Clone, Stretch etc. I am only seeing an option to Mirror, or not to Mirror checkbox. It would be nice to have the full Intel HD features available in Mint, as you can change refresh rates, enter custom resolution etc. Outside of the above, Linux Mint is awesome.
bernardblack
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Missing Resolution Settings / Selecting Primary Display

Postby nunol on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:00 pm

nunol
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Missing Resolution Settings / Selecting Primary Display

Postby DrHu on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:21 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=83444
And the mainboard and graphics hardware is what?..

The manufacturers utilities for your graphics card and the correct driver : if you want whatever hardware features are being supported..
    For example, nvidia utility is nvidia-settings which allows an automatic setup of the graphics card and the /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    --AMD/ATI has something similar..

Intel HD graphics issues..
http://ubuntuforums.org/tags.php?tag=intel+hd+graphics
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Return to Graphic Cards & Monitors