Mint Server Edition

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

Mint Server Edition

Postby kiwiboyus on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:14 am

I love mint running on my laptop 8) and I would love to have a mint server. I've been messing around with an old PC I have trying to set up as a Home file server running Ubuntu Server and it's just not coming together the way the guides explain.

I'd love a mint version that installed with samba shares that connected to my Windows network (yes I still have some Windows PCs), as easily as my laptop set up.

love mint, can't enough or enough versions 8)
kiwiboyus
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby soulexposed on Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:40 pm

I'd love a mint version that installed with samba shares that connected to my Windows network (yes I still have some Windows PCs), as easily as my laptop set up.
That would be suh-weet. 8)
soulexposed
Level 1
Level 1

Mint- Server

Postby whufnagel on Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi folks,

long Time i search to a distri for a LAMPP Server. I use MINT for my Desktops.
Now, i installed MINT also to my Homebrowed Server, I use a Mainboard from SIEMENS (from the Machine "Primergy-470"). The Board is a Dual- Pentium II or III , with the Number "System Board 1031". This Board you can buy by EBAY for roundabout 10$ :-)

MINT works great with this Board, the Symbios l. SCSI- controller works vy. fine :-)

Well, i install MINT, remove some Applications and add ftp server, apache, mysql, mailserver and some Tools. urgent is, to remove the network applet for network setting. then you can give a fix IP adress.

As next i modificated the system startup, that the system comes up without X. this is better for a server enviroment. Sometimes, when i need a X-enviroment, i take simply "startx".

the "main application" for my Home Server is eGroupware. I need, within install eGroupware, 4-5 hours for running.

greetz from Germany: W. Hufnagel
whufnagel
Level 1
Level 1

Postby npap on Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:20 pm

Welcome whufnagel,
Glad to see another Mint fan here.
Greetings, Npap

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato
npap
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Non-technical Questions