How about creating an artwork project group?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

How about creating an artwork project group?

Postby veloct on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:20 am

I have a suggestiong for Clem. Why not create a project for the artwork design of mint? It would be a group of volunteers (carlos, exsub plus others) that would work on artwork for Linux Mint and could submit to Clem for final say so or however you like to set it up. I'm just seeing some really talented people that like Linux Mint and they could really bring a lot to the beautification of an already very nice looking distro. I know some other distributions have that type of efforts like Fedora and PCLinuxOS. Why not us?
veloct
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby clem on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:27 am

Can you elaborate on this ? There's a whole artwork section in the development sub-forum. Is that enough or do we need a better way of working on this ?

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby veloct on Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:20 am

I'm just wondering if it would be worthwhile to create a team of people that could work together in creating the official icons, wallpapers, splash screens, etc.. for the releases. That should not stop anyone from sharing their own artwork in the sub-forum. It would be a collaboration of people with you making the final decisions on what should go out with the releases.

I would love to see what the very creative people that use Linux Mint could come up with if they worked together as a team. Obviously they have come up with some wonderful artwork by themselves.

I hope that makes a little more sense.
veloct
Level 2
Level 2

Postby carlos on Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:34 am

I guess what veloct is trying to say is that the artists in the forum who have been contributing can form a super group, with our super powers we can form "The Minty Art Team". :D

Can I form the head? :wink:
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
carlos
Level 5
Level 5

Postby clem on Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:49 am

Yes. I don't think it needs to be formal though and this how anybody can join in easily. For instance when 900i started the case badges thing and Tiptup300 improved it.. or niallabrown with his wallpapers modified and enhanced by scorp123... or even the work of exsub and lately the wonderfull additions by Carlos.

There is a lot of feedback, a lot of of efforts and a lot of collaboration between these guys, and yet all the project has done was:
- a set of subforums where they can communicate and exchange
- a package installed in the distribution which features their hard work.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby veloct on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:34 pm

carlos wrote:I guess what veloct is trying to say is that the artists in the forum who have been contributing can form a super group, with our super powers we can form "The Minty Art Team". :D

Can I form the head? :wink:

LOL
veloct
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Non-technical Questions