Automatically Subscribe to Threads We Post In [SOLVED]

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Automatically Subscribe to Threads We Post In [SOLVED]

Post by MtnDewManiac »

Definitely a newbie question, just not a "Mint OS" one. But I did not see a sub-forum specifically for 'site questions/issues, so here goes:

Is there an option to be automatically subscribed to all threads that we post in / create? (If so, where is it, please?)

Also: Minor nitpicking, but I found the option at the bottom of each thread we view that allows us to subscribe to the individual thread and it was, at first, confusing. There is the words/link "Subscribe topic" at the bottom of the page - but it displays a checkmark in a square( Image) beside it when the user is not, in fact, subscribed to the topic! Actually, this might not be considered minor nitpickiing; if it confused me, someone who has used computers enough to know that sometimes what we see is actually the opposite of what the person that created a thing expects us to infer, it's probably confusing to those who are new to computers, as well.

Respectfully,
MDM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Automatically Subscribe to Threads We Post In / Create?

Post by xenopeek »

You can configure that in your User Control Panel (top left of the page). Board Preferences > Posting defaults > Notify me upon replies by default.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Automatically Subscribe to Threads We Post In / Create?

Post by MtnDewManiac »

xenopeek,

Much appreciated, thank you.

Best regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”