Bianca Feedback

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gabhla
Level 1
Level 1

Bianca Feedback

Post by gabhla »

Hi Everyone! Just want share my impression of Linux Mint - Bianca. In a word - GREAT. Everything works and I've had no surprises. This is very impressive. It's a joy to use.....I could go on and on.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gabhla
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gabhla »

Howdy. Well I've run Bianca for full day, and reinforce my earlier post. This is great stuff. So, here's some feedback (all good).

I suppose I really didn't believe everything was included...but, by cracky. it really is! I'm not new to Linux, and was prepared to spend the better part of a day tinkering about, (downloading, installing, rebooting, adjusting and changing) just to get a usuable Bianca. Well, it's all there, waiting to be used - I was shocked. The only tinkering necessary was to adjust the screen resolution, which is due to this clunker monitor I'm using.

One thing I could care less about is the "beauty", etc. Within an hour of installation of a new distro I usually have already changed everything and can't even remember (or care) what the original color-scheme was. Bianca is the exception - it really is pretty. I like it.

The new ("new" to me at least) Gnome, and menu is wonderful. While I've always liked Gnome, I prefer KDE - but this Gnome is something else. I really really like the menu.

Oh, one thing struck me as being especially great is the "Add/Remove" feature, which is new (to me). Good grief, how easy can it get? Being a devoted Opera fan, I noticed immediatly Opera wasn't included but within a minute - I had it.

So, I'm converted.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

agreed there...
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clem you should put this under "What users think about Linux Mint"
I'm so happy using Mint that it makes me want to scream.

welcome flint!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”