Bianca=Great Distro!!

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

Bianca=Great Distro!!

Postby pr3@ch3r on Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:00 am

Awesome OS guys!! I love bianca like no other woman...i mean distro, but there is one thing bugging me and this is the same kind of thing that windows does. The network indicator icon on the bar does not show connected when a wireless connection is made, but only when a wired connection is made. I'd like this thing not to be like windows (and severely annoying) to where every connection has an icon that shows 'disconnected' and you cant remove it unless the connection is made to that device (unless you disable the device itself) but I would like that single networking indicator to show connected if ANY device is connected to a network, you get what I'm saying? That way it simply becomes a real nice indicator to show that Ive got some kind of connectivity, and not be a confusing annoyance on my desktop bar.

THANKS!!! :D
You know what the RHCT certification means? I can break a Redhat server faster than you can.
pr3@ch3r
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby DasFox on Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:43 am

Mint is the only distro I've used that places a network icon in the taskbar, I for one don't need it.

I guess it depends on your level of geekness. ;)
DasFox
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Non-technical Questions