Let's Celebrate TuX'mas

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Let's Celebrate TuX'mas

Postby muhlber on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi guys! I'm planning to give one hundred Mint's DVD on December here in my city.
It isn't a lot, but I think that maybe if we do the same for Xmas in others cities, we could reach the people and make they know the beauty of Linux Mint.
I will do it anyway... but i think that maybe it will be wonderfull do it in other cities. It's not necesary give 100 hundred DVD... Whatever you can give will be ok. I would like give millions and millions but I really can't. So... 10, 5, 50, whatever amount is good.

So?... What do you say? Let's celebrate TuX'mas?

Greetings.
Muhlber
muhlber
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Let's Celebrate TuX'mas

Postby RacerBG on Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:16 pm

When I switched to Linux Mint together with me another two people joined: my best friend and one friend of him. They both now enjoy in Linux but the bad thing is that I can't carry another users to Mint so easily. Even with DVD's but I have one target... :twisted: My roommate is using pirated (as usual) Windows 7 which Im slowly bugging now. :lol: And because he is using his PC for Facebook, Skype and chatting at all this change will be easy. He is liking the appearance of Cinnamon and slowly I will transform him to Linux. 8)
Linux Mint User
RacerBG
Level 4
Level 4

Postby muhlber on Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi RacerBG. Thanks for your comment.
I know that isn't easy to switch to Linux for the people that doesn't understand much or doesn't see the why.
But we must fight and bring they posibilities to get closer. With the DVD they can start in live cd mode and test it. Maybe they won't switch. But the chances are big. I'll be giving DVDs with a brochure explaining the why Linux Mint is free software and what are its advantages and ofcourse a Merry Christmas's wish.

I've made three friends switch to Linux Mint. Only one came back to windows. The others are very happy with the results. The best part is that I don't make they change to Mint by the force. They saw it running in my computer and they just love it.

:)
Muhlber
muhlber
Level 1
Level 1

Postby caf4926 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:07 am

Maybe you should connect with your local LUG

It's nice what you intend to do, though why stick to the holiday season?
If you are going to be an evangelist, at least give it real foundations, rather than with some lame association to false stories
Mint 16 Cinnamon_64
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Postby muhlber on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:36 am

caf4926 wrote:Maybe you should connect with your local LUG

It's nice what you intend to do, though why stick to the holiday season?
If you are going to be an evangelist, at least give it real foundations, rather than with some lame association to false stories

Hello caf! I think that you're right. This is the first time that I'm gonna do something like this and i hope do it more times. So this time will be in holidays season but I wouldn't like keep attached to this date only.

And I really don't know if there are an Argentine Linux Mint community. And I think that Mint is the most user friendly to start and give to anyone.

At this moment another mint user and me will do this in here. If I have got the resources, there will be more times to do it. And if we can do it like a community it will be great!

Regards :)
Muhlber
muhlber
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Chat about Linux Mint