Mintbox2 availability in the UK?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Charles123

Mintbox2 availability in the UK?

Post by Charles123 »

I quite fancy getting an early Christmas present for myself, a Mintbox2 :)

As I live in the UK it looks like I can order direct (though out of stock currently) or via Amazon.com. Both of these options I believe would have shipping/duties/taxes payable. There is mention of future availability at Amazon.de which I believe would hopefully have no additional fees due to being in the EU(?). So my questions are when/if it will be a available from Amazon.de & any idea of the cost in Euros or Pounds? I assume it would be the cheapest way for me to buy one here?

Best regards,

Charles.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mhwelsh

Re: Mintbox2 availability in the UK?

Post by mhwelsh »

Try http://www.tinygreenpc.com/.

Might have the wrong label but I think you will find that they are the same.
I bought a FitPC3 (MintBox) and fitted a ssd. I am sure it should be an ssd.

No imports to worry about.

Happy hunting,

martin welsh
Charles123

Post by Charles123 »

Thanks for the link Martin.

I've emailed fit-pc to enquire. The i7 intense tempts me a lot, but it's just a bit too much money as by the time I've put in a drive & RAM it'll be nearing the £1000 mark. Hopefully the mintbox2 will be about half that (albeit a little slower i5vs. i7), & then I can upgrade it next year after SSD prices reduce some more.
Charles123

Post by Charles123 »

Have received a reply from fit-pc, they'll have the mintbox2 back in stock in about 3 weeks hopefully but availability from amazon.de has been 'delayed by bureaucracy' - sounds ominous! I could still get it from amazon.com but I'm worried about the import duties & the US 2-pin power supply :(

The kit looks great, just looks like I'll have to wait & see if the supply issue gets any better in future or if there are any similar power alternatives.

Charles.
fnad

Post by fnad »

I got ripped off by TinyGreenPC / Anders: I paied for an IPC2 + i7 core + 16Go RAM + 512Go SSD, and I got instead 8Go RAM only and an HDD (at least the CPU was indeed i7). They don't answer my emails. I had to buy a separate SSD and I'll stick to 8Go RAM for the moment.

So obviously I strongly recommand: 1. Do not trade with TinyGreenPC / Anders; better probably buying directly from Compulab. 2. Buy a barebone (with processor only); you can buy RAM (although you need to carefully check compatibility, but there is some information on the web regarding that) and SSD separately (who the hell wants to run a fanless machine with an HDD!?). I bought everything together because I wanted to save time; well I lost a lot of time and money in the end.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”