Another suggestion relating to artwork

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

Another suggestion relating to artwork

Postby veloct on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:06 am

One thing that could be done to also help support the efforts of Clem and the devs is too open a cafe express store once the new logo is decided on. T-shirts, coffee mugs, mouse pads, etc... that could be sold with the Linux Mint artwork and the proceeds would go for developement. What do you guys think?
veloct
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby clem on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:52 am

Hi Veloct,

Alsaphil is looking at this at the moment. The problem with "cafepress" is that they take a big margin, so you'd end up paying a lot for the T-Shirt and Linux Mint would only get a small part of it. I'll let Alsaphil talk about this but if we do it properly we can end up with cheaper T-Shirts and yet bigger margins for the distro.

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby NiksaVel on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:52 am

I like the idea... most certainly take your time to find a good and fair provider...
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Postby NiksaVel on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:53 am

I'd also like to see those miniature stickers that you stick on your computer case like Intel Inside or AMD64, Soundblaster etc... know what I mean?

It might also be grand to give one for free with the CD...

... or maybe if they are not expensive and you have the acceptable cashflow (I have no idea how well you do with the ads and the donations) you might afford to print a crapload of them and even send them to more active community members as a minty christmas gift or something like that... might be nice... increase the bond to the mint community and motivate people to be more active and helpful...
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Non-technical Questions