Where can I submit documentation corrections?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

Where can I submit documentation corrections?

Postby Mintstant Karma on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:35 pm

I've noticed at least one problem with the official Linux Mint 15 documentation. It's not a technical, but a grammar issue that would make it more readable and helpful.

Where could I submit this correction?

Thanks
Mintstant Karma
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Where can I submit documentation corrections?

Postby Pilosopong Tasyo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:45 pm

Hi MK. Can you post the error (page, paragraph, text) and your proposed correction? I'll let the others know and update the documentation, if it's possible. Thanks!
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Postby Mintstant Karma on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi PT. :)

Well, yes, I can do that, but I'd still like to know the answer in general, since this may come up again. Or do I just have to go through someone else? Or, let's see, how to ask this without it being taken wrong... do you have some special connection to the project? (It sounded better than asking, "Who are you that I need to go through you?" :lol:) But really, for all I know you might be the President of Documentation, so don't take that wrong. :wink:

Thanks for your reply and offer.
Mintstant Karma
Level 1
Level 1

Postby altair4 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:07 pm

Since he is a Global Moderator in this forum I'm guessing he has a more direct connection to the powers that be than say .. I do :)
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
altair4
Level 15
Level 15

Postby Pilosopong Tasyo on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Mintstant Karma wrote:I can do that, but I'd still like to know the answer in general, since this may come up again. Or do I just have to go through someone else?

Posting in the forum just like what you did is one of those channels. You may also use the "report this post" button (the triangle with the "!" mark inside it) to get one of the admin's or moderator's attention. E-mailing/PMing an admin/mod via your UCP may also apply. There are other ways. Please refer to the contact page for more information.

Submitted corrections will be discussed internally and may be included in the next documentation if approved. :)

Mintstant Karma wrote:Or, let's see, how to ask this without it being taken wrong... do you have some special connection to the project? (It sounded better than asking, "Who are you that I need to go through you?" :lol:)

Altair4 beat me to it. :lol:
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Return to Non-technical Questions