Add gnome-sound-recorder-3.12.2

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Add gnome-sound-recorder-3.12.2

Post by borgward »

How do I request that gnome-sound-recorder-3.12.2 be added to packages. I am not capable of compiling it myself. Please refer me to somewhere else if this is not the right place to make the request
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
yaye

Re: Add gnome-sound-recorder-3.12.2

Post by yaye »

Hello,

If you don't need that specific version, you may be able to get gnome-sound-recorder by installing the gnome-media pakage. Gnome-media installs gnome-sound-recorder. I'm using Linux Mint 17 and Synaptic can install gnome-media 3.4.0-1ubuntu2.
Wilf's Donut World

Post by Wilf's Donut World »

borgward wrote:How do I request that gnome-sound-recorder-3.12.2 be added to packages. I am not capable of compiling it myself. Please refer me to somewhere else if this is not the right place to make the request
There is an app called "Audio Recorder" which seems to do everything Sound Recorder does, and more; just do

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install audio-recorder
or use Synaptic. HTH
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Post by borgward »

$ sudo apt-get install audio-recorder
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package audio-recorder

Nothing in Synaptic. What does the HTH mean?
Oldbwl
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Oldbwl »

borgward wrote: What does the HTH mean?
"Hope This Helps" I beleive

I got my copy via a ppa as it is not in the current repositories

1. Open a terminal window.
2. Type in the following commands then hit Enter after each.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:osmoma/audio-recorder

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install audio-recorder
I hope this helps you
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Post by borgward »

Thanks. It is now installed.
brobriobri

Post by brobriobri »

Thanks Oldbwl. I've only been running Linux Mint w/Mate for a little while, and today I wanted to record a voicemail from my cell phone. I've always used sound recorder (for Gnome desktop environments) in the past, and couldn't run it. The audio-recorder worked just as well, and your instructions on how to install audio-recorder worked well. Thanks again.
borgward
Level 6
Level 6

Post by borgward »

I tried Audio-Recorder. It works, but is too complicated to be useful for me. I much preferred Sound Recorder as I could just press buttons and do what I wanted on the fly.

I was using it to record band practce sessions. I could easily record a new song, stop at the recording, save, and then start another between songs w/o anybody waiting for me to fool around to get started on the next one. Really wish Mint could get something running like the old Sound Recorder.

I will probably install 14 on another drive so I can use Sound Recorder. Luckily I can easily switch out drives on my Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”