members search fails with Not found error

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nomko

members search fails with Not found error

Post by nomko »

Hi,

Is it just me or is it the forum? Whenever i try to search for a user by clicking on any letter under Members (see error2.PNG), i get an error message: 404 Not Found (error1.PNG).

Is this some error of the forum itself?
Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ClutchDisc

Re: members search fails with Not found error

Post by ClutchDisc »

Doesn't work for me either, I get the same error message you get.

Edit By Moderator - in hand with Admin.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

As broken as that is, it's not "search"
http://forums.linuxmint.com/search.php
nomko

Post by nomko »

Habitual wrote:As broken as that is, it's not "search"
http://forums.linuxmint.com/search.php
And that is not where my question went about. That's the regular search (which is insufficient as well).

@ Habitual:
See my screenshots where this topic is all about!!!
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

I get the same page as well. Have you reported this to any of the admins? If you are experiencing issues with any of the official Mint sites, please don't hesitate to notify us:
Thank you.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

This is a theme related issue, as with some searching other boards running phpBB have encountered also after upgrading to newer version of phpBB. If you go to your User Control Panel - Board preferences, and switch from default theme minty to prosilver for example then the memberlist browsing by first character works as expected.

The problem is in the URL generated using the theme (don't ask me how the theme plays into this, I'll just pass this on to HQ for getting looked at :)). It generates a URL like:
forums.linuxmint.com/memberlist.php&first_char=a#memberlist
While that should be:
forums.linuxmint.com/memberlist.php?first_char=a#memberlist

Return to “Non-technical Questions”