<SOLVED>32-bit future

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

<SOLVED>32-bit future

Post by Fred Barclay »

Does anyone know how long the Mint team (congrats, by the way, you've done a great job!) plans on releasing Mint with a 32 bit kernel? Are there any plans to go with 64 bit exclusively? All my machines are old and only have i86 processors :( so I'm hoping they continue 32 bit for a while.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
richyrich

Re: 32-bit future

Post by richyrich »

Well, Mint 17, which is an LTS release, is supported until 2019, so you've got 5 years there . . :D
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

Muy bueno! I'm planning on upgrading to 17.1 when it's released. Is it also LTS?
I do suffer from wanting the newest release of anything and everything, so I might not stick with 17 when 18 comes out--if it's 32 bit. It's my understanding that the Mint team is now only using Ubuntu LTS as the base. Does this mean all future Mint releases will be LTS?
Thanks.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Fred Barclay wrote:Does this mean all future Mint releases will be LTS?
Yes.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: <SOLVED>32-bit future

Post by Fred Barclay »

All right. Thanks a lot for your help!
- Albert Einstein

Return to “Non-technical Questions”