ubuntu 7.04: "can't access tty" problem

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

ubuntu 7.04: "can't access tty" problem

Postby hansie on Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:55 pm

For the "up and coming" Casandra edition, I would like "Linux Mint" to look at the widely published Ubuntu 7.04 problem: "/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off".... Which means the disks will not boot, encountering problems in its path .... Investigating 'tty", it will give me the response: /dev/Console

I personally do believe, (reading the ubuntu forums, and "bug reports"), that:

1. Ubuntu 7.04, using the 2-6-20 kernel, is considering and designating everything "sata", ("/sdx") -> This is causing prolems for people with IDE, or better "pata", i.e "/hdx" type drives and partitions
2. Debian type distros have always had problems with my CRT's: " hp pavilion mx50 and mx70" -> This time Ubuntu 7.04 seems to have adopted a "new" Debian Installer, which may have problems with these Consoles.

I would be "very grateful", if Linux Mint would address these problems in their "up and coming" issue of Casandra, so that I can continue the use of this "very excellent" distro"!!

Many Thanks!!
hansie
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Non-technical Questions