reset to login screen!!!!!

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

reset to login screen!!!!!

Postby theycallmejeff on Fri May 25, 2007 2:04 am

1. the Beryl Manager turns everything on the screen a blazing white color, although the desktop seems to be there. I can bring up a list of open windows(faint grey in color) by positioning the pointer in the upper right hand corner of the screen. I can spin the 3D cube desktop. But everything is impossible to see. The beryl settings manager however, appears normally.

2. I tried to activate desktop affects and was asked to install the Nvidia driver. I did so. Then the desktop cube stopped working. It was replaced by a workplace switcher. How do I change back? I have since uninstalled the Nvidia driver, but no return of the cube.

3. I have installed Google Earth through the mintinstall program then restarted and tried to use Google Earth. I got a warning message that my desktop resolution was too low (800 x 600). The message also said that images may not appear at optimal viewing size, or words to that effect. I continued on and the google flash screen appeared then the whole system was suddenly reset to the login screen. No error messages appeared at this time. Nothing else as of yet seems to have been affected.

I'm using the Nvidia NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] with a RT141AX monitor on a celeron 2giga cpu with 1GB of ram, japanes keyboard and english language enviornment.
theycallmejeff
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

aside from the forementioned problems

Postby theycallmejeff on Fri May 25, 2007 2:17 am

This system was so simple to install I couldn't have been happier. I can see my usb harddisks even though they are fat32 and NTFS(excellent)

UBUNTU always gave me write permission error messages.

Both MINT and UBUNTU are giving me trouble finding my network printer whereas Freespire gave me no trouble at all.

Mint is better with handling the online media, ie I don't have to look for plugins.

If I can get the printer working, I'll stay with MINT.

Thanks for your hard work MINT TEAM :>)
theycallmejeff
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Non-technical Questions