card games

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
richyrich

Re: card games

Post by richyrich »

Open the Software Manager ( mintInstall ), and look through the games there. You can also open Synaptic Package Manager, type cards or games in the search bar, and find a bunch to your liking. :D

Richy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nebcanuck

Post by nebcanuck »

The package gnome-games has a number of basic ones, if you're just looking for some simple stuff like Windows includes.

As richyrich said, though, there's lots more there, and you'll find that the selection of free games under MintInstall is quite impressive for low-, mid-, and even some high-level games!
BigSteve_G

Post by BigSteve_G »

Try gnome-games in package manager

When I converted my Laptop from Windows XP to Mint my wife kicked off because 'that card game' was gone so I installed gnome-games & alas all was well.

(Although now shes addicted to frozen bubbles!)
David-C

Post by David-C »

I think this is one of my few minor gripes with mints pre-installed apps, there are no games whatsoever. I think at the very least solitaire and gnome chess should be standard for future releases.
BManLazarus

Post by BManLazarus »

....on motorcycles?

In all seriousness, there are card games, but not by default so you have to install them through the software manager or some other way.

From what I noticed, there aren't any games by default. (As David-C also just mentioned)
jagwinn

Post by jagwinn »

Even FREECELL is there!
thatsallurspaceships

Post by thatsallurspaceships »

I agree with that, but if you let them play alone they most likely won't learn how to play with another person or even won't accept an real opponnent. :D :lol:
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

In aisleriot (in Software Manager, also part of gnome-games ?) you can choose between many solitaire card games to play.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
Bob E

Post by Bob E »

Hearts is in the Software Manager. It's listed as gnome-hearts.
geezuslvr

Post by geezuslvr »

There's 'kpat ' -- my favorite '
Theres Gnome Games - it has 'isle riot 'solitare '
There's pysol -- pretty good
Aevum

Post by Aevum »

And if you like Poker (Texas Hold 'em) too you can get a nice Single Player / Online game by typing:
sudo apt-get install pokerth

Cheers!

Return to “Non-technical Questions”