Cassandra Green

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Hey Tinny, valid points, but I think one thing that has to be noted is that is a personal preference. But its been said many times before, if you don't like it change it. :) I think overwhelmingly most people like the green, Also I do agree with you it might be a bit dislodging visually with the wallpaper changing every time there is an upgrade, but it is a new major version of the OS.

I think one of the many reasons people are attracted to mint is because its green, easy on the eyes and not blue like every other OS. That being said, your feedback is important and will be taken into consideration for the next wallpaper that is created.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
nbusy

Post by nbusy »

I don't know why Cassandra Green looks washed out for you. It's so ... calm and quiet.
I really love it from the first sight.

Nick
belovedmonster
Level 5
Level 5

Post by belovedmonster »

Pale colours only work if you go for high gloss apple style shine. Anything else just looks washed out. My vote goes for vibrant colours.

Incidentally, I would describe the new website design as being vibrant colours. I think that is the same sort of look we need to emulate in the desktop appearance.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

I have started to notice alot of linux tech people aren't attracted to vibrant colors. I remember when Clem released the beta KDE version with the really bright green wallpaper, people were very put off by it.

Personally, I hope to some day in the future, release a proper mint theme, that will coordinate with the website. In the big grand scheme of things, well at least in my head, that is what I was thinking.

But all in due time. At the moment I'm trying to complete other important things first, then I can tackle this project.
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”