It's about time!

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

It's about time!

Postby Georgie-o on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:03 am

It's about time that someone made a "more complete" version of Ubuntu (my favorite Distro). I will use Linux Mint from now on (hopefully you'll stick with Gnome).

I beleive that open source is better to use than proprietary, but until open source can do everything I need, I install all this stuff anyway. By the way, I like what your doing so much, I made a contribution to your cause today.

Bravo, keep up the good work!

Georgie-o
Georgie-o
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

The missing link has arrived!

Postby crilg on Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:40 am

I am newbie in knowledge but have been trying Linux for three years as a way to embrace GPL - I never did take the time to figure out how to load codetecs onto Ubuntu (blame my 2 toddlers), but now I don't have too...!

Mint is great! I plan on sending copies with my Xmas cards to unsuspecting souls and encouraging them to boot to this cd... it may take some Windows users on a ride down this road that they had no idea was there, let alone a road thats so smooth sailing!

I might also include this article: http://www.opendemocracy.net/media/free ... e_4113.jsp
with the CD.

Mint is slick and easy for everyone. I want to spread the word...
crilg
Level 1
Level 1

Re: The missing link has arrived!

Postby antiquexray on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:55 am

crilg wrote:Mint is great! I plan on sending copies with my Xmas cards to unsuspecting souls and encouraging them to boot to this cd...Mint is slick and easy for everyone. I want to spread the word...

That's a GREAT idea! I wish could, but with the number of cards we send out it would take me 12 hours just to burn the CDs.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Postby lopi on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:29 am

Thanks for this distro. I search for a long time a such a distro. It's a 'one click' distro. I like that the distro have codecs, plugin, use the ubuntu 6.10 repository etc. I used some distro (Mandriva, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, PcLinuxOS, Freespire, Suse etc.) but this one is very good for me.

It is just greate, keep going !
lopi
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Non-technical Questions