Mint in the Future

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nesha87

Mint in the Future

Post by nesha87 »

So, it seems that me (as a newbie) reading forums and linux-related sites, i can see that mint's popularity is growing very very rapidly. So my question is this:
How can Mint compete with multi-million dollar companies like Ubuntu and co. How can they keep up? Will mint be purchased/sponsored by a large company also? I really like the system, hope you keep up the great work!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Mint in the Future

Post by tdockery97 »

Now this is just my opinion, and I could be completely wrong, but I don't think we users are in danger of Mint being bought by one of the big companies. After using Mint and being involved in the community for 1-1/2 years, my impression of Clem is that he enjoys the freedom of being an independent developer who does not have to answer to a large corporation. I believe he is satisfied to make a small living at what he does, which allows him to do what he loves most without having to answer to anyone but his community.
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
smiley_lauf

Re: Mint in the Future

Post by smiley_lauf »

Also making a small donation would not hurt either--in this way, Clem could get a good vacation and come back all refreshed to do more good work. :wink:

Return to “Non-technical Questions”