my kindle 3 won't connect to my pc no usb drive shown.

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AstralExistence

my kindle 3 won't connect to my pc no usb drive shown.

Post by AstralExistence »

i just bought a kindle 3 and it wont show a usb drive pop-up when plug in the little white cable. i have neither a wireless card nor a wireless router. i dont know what to do. when i bought the kindle my plan was to simple plug in my kindle, dl a kindle azw file via amazon, and transfer to my kindle 3 via usb. i tried this, sudo apt-get install mtpfs but my kindle 3 isn't being recognised.

http://www.jonathanmoeller.com/screed/?p=3161
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pluraldave

Re: my kindle 3 won't connect to my pc no usb drive shown.

Post by pluraldave »

I have a Kindle 3 and it works perfectly with LM 10 Gnome 64. It is recognised as a digital media device rather than a USB drive - there is no popup but it is auto-mounted (under /media/Kindle) and visible in Nautilus. Also, I haven't installed mtpfs to make it work either.

Downloading to the computer and transferring across also works perfectly well so there's nothing wrong with your planned method.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”