Linuxmint-11 Fluxbox?

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

Linuxmint-11 Fluxbox?

Postby lmx on Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:15 pm

The LinuxMint will launch any Fluxbox edition like the Mint-9 ???

I like this type of Approach...

Thanks Mint ;)
Regards
lmx
lmx
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Linuxmint-11 Fluxbox?

Postby Aging Technogeek on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Registered Linux User 483387
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Linuxmint-11 Fluxbox?

Postby Kendall on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:10 pm

I've got a decent base level .iso ready to start doing some packaging on, though I'll likely wait for the next LMDE respin before starting on the release .iso. Fortunately most of the packaging can be done from any Debian base system. The most time consuming aspects of the whole thing are the menu (called fm3) and the default settings package. I'm going to try to write as much of the default configuration into the session file as possible so that I can cut down on this edition's dependence upon the /etc/skel directory (heavy use of /etc/skel is a frowned upon last resort in most distributions as it won't restore a default desktop if user data is somehow wiped out). The menu is technically feature complete at the moment in that it does what I want it to, however there's a remaining parsing error that I've been working on for a couple of days that causes occasional applications from not showing up in the menu at all (which is totally unacceptable).

The final goal here is to have the single best put together Fluxbox edition of anything when it's all said and done. It'll be time consuming, but I'll get it there one way or another.
Kendall
Level 7
Level 7

Return to Non-technical Questions