error in updates

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
norm37

error in updates

Post by norm37 »

Re Linux Mint 11; the last time I downloaded updates / patches, the network suddenly closed. I spent hours looking for answer and found several files missing, yet the headers remained in Synaptic Package Manager. The files that disappeared are; libavahi-common3, -gobject0, -common-data, -glib1, -client3, -core7, and -ui0. I have never seen anything like this before and tried to download individual files with another computer but was unable to find source for them. I had to re-install Mint and was not happy about that. To make matters worse, I had used the highly recommended DejaDup :twisted: to presumably save everything before new installation, but I found the Home Directory saved with DejaDup :twisted: could not be restored to new Home Directory. This was due to the highly recommended back up and restore program not having any help file. In future, I will be very cautious in using any application without documentation. (I stopped using KDE applications because they are / were so buggy even though they had good documentation.) I hope nobody else has these problems.
Norm37
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: error in updates

Post by DataMan »

Is there presumably a question in the posting somewhere... :? ?

-DataMan

Return to “Non-technical Questions”