i need help with compiling(sp?)

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
truexfan81

i need help with compiling(sp?)

Post by truexfan81 »

http://remotew.free.fr/linux_en.htm

following the instructions, when i type make it says:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

really confused
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: i need help with compiling(sp?)

Post by proxima_centauri »

Are you sure you changed to the directory of the program? The "cd ati_remote" command.

The error is telling you there is no makefile found in the directory you are issuing "make" from.
truexfan81

Post by truexfan81 »

proxima_centauri wrote:Are you sure you changed to the directory of the program? The "cd ati_remote" command.

The error is telling you there is no makefile found in the directory you are issuing "make" from.
when you decompress it, it doesn't make a "ati_remote" directory, it makes one called "avview-0.80.7" i can cd into that one, but i get the above error
proxima_centauri

Post by proxima_centauri »

The link you provided provides instructions for the installation of ATI_REMOTE, not AV VIEWER. You need to be clear about what you are trying to install, read the INSTALL document contained within the folder.
truexfan81

Post by truexfan81 »

proxima_centauri wrote:The link you provided provides instructions for the installation of ATI_REMOTE, not AV VIEWER. You need to be clear about what you are trying to install, read the INSTALL document contained within the folder.
i clicked the link provided in the instructions, av viewer is what it downloaded

nevermind, figured it out, downloaded the correct file, now i get a different error
make
gcc -m486 -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DLINUX -I/usr/src/linux/include -c ati_remote.c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-m486"
make: *** [ati_remote.o] Error 1

Return to “Non-technical Questions”