Rename MGSE to GGMM

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Eucalyptus

Rename MGSE to GGMM

Post by Eucalyptus »

Hi,

There are a bunch of acronymes ending by E (LXDE, LMDE) the last one MGSE added to the list and somehow for me it is not very evocative. And somehow I have difficulty to remember it.

May be it's crazy but here is a name I propose to replace MGSE: Gnome Genetically Modified by Mint, this makes GGMM. Bogus may be but definitely more original and especially easier to remember.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
paulo.delavega
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Rename MGSE to GGMM

Post by paulo.delavega »

MGSE reminds me of Metal Gear Solid something... :mrgreen:

But I think it's a good name.
eric k

Re: Rename MGSE to GGMM

Post by eric k »

The term "Gnome Shell Extension(s)" is already in common use, so it makes sense to stick "Mint" in front of it.

Soon you will be able to download and install extensions directly from Gnome's website; once this occurs extensions will be just as much a part of the average Gnome desktop experience as extensions hosted at Mozilla.com are for Firefox and Thunderbird, and introducing a Mint-specific term will only be a confusing deviation from the norm.

IMO.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”