Cannot post images

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

Cannot post images

Postby bigseb on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:58 pm

I tried to upload a screenshot but kept getting the message attachment size has been exceeded. What are the rules regarding attachments?

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question, don't know where else to post it.
bigseb
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Cannot post images

Postby zerozero on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:18 pm

the best procedure is to use one of the various upload sites and post back the thumbnail.

[ bliss of ignorance ]
zerozero
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Cannot post images

Postby wolverine_tech on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:29 pm

bigseb wrote:I tried to upload a screenshot but kept getting the message attachment size has been exceeded. What are the rules regarding attachments?

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question, don't know where else to post it.

Hi bigseb,

I think the servers are overloaded with Mint 12's release, even the community website it down.
Meanwhile, you can use http://tinypic.com/ to upload your images.

Browse to the image file that you want to upload.
Click on Upload
Enter the code shown

Once the file is uploaded, you are given different options to 'reference' your image, as shown below;

Simply copying and pasting the code on the 2nd option (highlighted in red) will show the image on your post. (Make sure you copy and paste the entire code in that box.)

Hope that helps.
Chakra Linux, ThinkPad T61
LM12 64-bit, IdeaPad s10-3t

wolverine_tech
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Non-technical Questions