How to make Mint 12 less....green

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

How to make Mint 12 less....green

Postby JordanV0712 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:15 pm

I love Mint, it is my favorite Distro due to the community and the devs, but the only thing I don't really like about Mint is the amount of green it has in it. The only green I like is cash!!! But I get that its called Mint so its green.

But what I want to know is how change Mint to be less green. I actually prefer Ubuntu's colors, orange being my favorite. I would like to change my icon theme and highlight theme especially. Basically I want the greenness gone! thanks for any input! :)
Linux Mint 12 KDE
JordanV0712
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: How to make Mint 12 less....green

Postby iTheMaster on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Go to gnome-look.org and get new themes and styles and icons... whatever you want. That's really it...
iTheMaster
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to make Mint 12 less....green

Postby bimsebasse on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:31 pm

Icon and window themes how-to at the end of the Mint 12 Tips & Tricks Guide, also with links to a few good places to find themes.
Thank you for this thread. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this forum into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases. Thanks!
bimsebasse
Level 7
Level 7

Return to Non-technical Questions