Newly Minted: Bianca

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

Newly Minted: Bianca

Postby euthypro on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:13 am

Hi, Clem.

I'm new to Linux, and of course, new to Mint. Not much of a geek, so I appreciate ease of use. I've been running Bea for about three weeks in an older laptop. Runs fine. I installed it a few day ago in a new one, and tonight I crossed my fingers and replaced it with Bianca.

Disk partitioner crashed in first try, went fine on the second. Grub gave me a scare. No list of options on first boot, just "Esc" for menu, and no Windows. Luckily there are instructions in Grub menu.lst. I'm writing this from Windows, so that was no big problem.

Problems with sound (SigmaTel) and with wireless. (rtl8187) Wireless partly solved. These are not particular to Mint or Bianca, so I'm not reporting them as bugs.

Bianca is elegant and simple. It's a keeper in my old laptop, and will be in this one so long as I can find solutions to my sound. I believe Alsa is working on the bug, and there are work-arounds in the Ubuntu forums.

My congratulations to you, and my thanks to you and to all who worked on it.

Angel
euthypro
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Non-technical Questions