Color theme change

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please

Color theme change

Postby Aero on Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:25 pm

First let me start off with an intro. I like the concept of this distro. I like that it uses Ubuntu's easiness and Freespire's concept of giving everything to the user without holding back because of free software only. Hopefully this distro becomes more popular and succeeds in its goals. Also, I applaud the change to gnome :wink: :twisted: :D

Now onto the suggestion.

Well, the distro is named Linux Mint so it only makes sense if the theme color was a mint green. The icons (including the ubuntu icon) should also be changed and an option (if not default) change of the gnome panels to green (preferably a shiny type, perhaps I'll give an example later). Blue could be kept as an alternate choice.
Aero
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby clem on Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:29 am

Hi Aero,

The reason for it to be blue is simply because we didn't find the talent and the time to work on our artwork.

As you said the important is the user experience. At the moment we're using the best blue artwork we found from places like art.gnome.org and gnome-look.org.

We would love to develop our own theme, maybe a blue one with hints of icy mint.. or a green one, our icons and splash screens... but nothing is done at the moment.

The important thing as well is for the desktop to look nice. So we much prefer an unbranded blue theme than an unprofessional Linux Mint one :)

Hopefully in the future we'll be able to use Mint artwork that actually looks nice. We're not great at drawing things though :)

Thanks for your feedback.
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby d00p on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:37 am

Clem, if you need any help on artwork, we surely can work something out, LinTelligence has 2 or 3 pretty good graphics-designer...maybe we can collect some user ideas here and then see what we can do :)

regards,

Michael / d00p
visit LinTelligence.de - Download LinuxMint
d00p
Level 1
Level 1

Postby clem on Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:15 am

Hi Michael,

This would be great, I'd be delighted to see that! :)
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby d00p on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:48 am

I'll meet with my graphics man today or tomorrow...maybe we can do some samples for designs and post them here for the users to vote !?
visit LinTelligence.de - Download LinuxMint
d00p
Level 1
Level 1

Postby clem on Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:52 am

Definitely. I can't wait to see that.
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby manishk on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:20 pm

Thats great!

So we'll get to see some real good eye candy in Bea or Beanca!!
manishk
Level 3
Level 3

give Mint some art.

Postby trippboxer on Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:28 am

I like the idea of going with a Minty theme. but like the developers said they don't have the time to do a lot of the artwork and such. Maybe Mint users can submit art or demos. I have seen a lot of great art on the net.
trippboxer
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Non-technical Questions