scams on our LM Community website

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
konasteph

scams on our LM Community website

Post by konasteph »

I don't exactly know how this is to be handled but I was recently contacted by a certain Ms Confidence Kone ...it looks like she is a registered LM member(????) she sent me a message through our Community website and as soon as I googled that name it turns out to be a known scammer. If this is a common thing happening on our LM website and other members have encountered a similar thing, then maybe there should be warning placed on the forum.
best regards, Konasteph
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: scams on our LM Community website

Post by Aging Technogeek »

The regular procedure if you receive a spam or scam PM from either the forum or the Community site is to report it (with a copy of the offending message) via PM to a moderator. (All forum moderators are also moderators for the Community Site). The report will be checked and the party banned from the site if the report is verified.

This is the only way the moderation team can handle PM spam since we cannot read your Private Messages.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”