Mint Forums' servers slow...please support Linux Mint...

Questions about the project and the distribution - obviously no support questions here please
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sagirfahmid3

Mint Forums' servers slow...please support Linux Mint...

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Maybe it's only me, but for the past 2 weeks or so, accessing the forums has been awfully slow :x
It's gotta be the forum's servers because my internet is relatively fast, and I can access the main www.linuxmint.com site with normal speed :roll:

Would some of you guys please be kind enough donate some money? :) Every little bit helps! :mrgreen: We need to keep this forum site up and running at a comfortable server bandwidth AND support the developers who make Mint at the same time! :D

I don't know, maybe like $5, even if you donated ONCE per YEAR would mean a lot! This forum has about 65000 members, and assuming 1/3 of them donated $5 a year, that would be about 22000 x $5 = $110000 generated! <---That amount is TWICE MORE than what was generated in the year 2011 ($54507 calculated from the donations graph).
EVEN if you donated $2.50c in a YEAR, THAT amount would STILL beat 2011's amount generated! ($55000)
So please, consider of Mint OS and what the devs have done for you with that relatively small amount of money (that would make ONLY ONE middle-class person's salary)...

Look at it this way: a Windows XP license costs $85 now (don't even MENTION the cost of Windows 7's license), and Mint is free...For only $5 a year, wouldn't you agree it's worth it to donate at MOST half-an-hour's-wage for an awesome OS that is constantly being updated and made better? free support, friendly people, and a great place like Mint's forums and the community site? Don't let Mint die out...please do donate... :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Mint Forums' servers slow...please support Linux Mint...

Post by Monsta »

This problem has been already discussed: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=78744

It looks more like a software issue (see posts about database errors in that thread).
olle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by olle »

Software or hardware errors, the OP's calculations are valid !

" Ever since the Phoenecians invented money it has been so easy to show gratitude ... "
sagirfahmid3

Post by sagirfahmid3 »

Yes, but who helps fund the servers? We do, right?
Now, lets say we didn't help fund it. Less money=less bandwidth.

Return to “Non-technical Questions”