Mint 13 Mate is excellent

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

Mint 13 Mate is excellent

Postby Peterkin2 on Fri May 25, 2012 3:28 pm

The best you've done so far by a long way. Perfect.
Peterkin2
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint 13 Mate is excellent

Postby Alpha-Geek on Sat May 26, 2012 10:06 am

I just did a fresh install of Mint 13 Mate 2 days ago. BRAVO!! to Clem & the rest of the team. It just works. Everything is in the expected place & the options and customization features do their job like they used to. It's kind of like finding a comfortable old pair of shoes in the back of the closet. Put them on & aaaaah. :) Yeah, Mint 13 with Mate is kinda like that.
Alpha-Geek
Level 4
Level 4

Postby mintymintminty on Sat May 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Running MATE myself here since Maya's official release and It just works perfectly, Lets keep It like that!!
Packard Bell Intel Celeron CPU E1500@2.20GHZ,3 GB Ram,nVidia Ge-force 7050/nVidia n force 610i ( Integrated )160GB Sata hard drive, Running Linux Mint 13 ( Maya ) MATE Version.
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Myrmidon83 on Sun May 27, 2012 9:47 am

Also running MATE and loving it, actually just in the process of upgrading my mum's laptop with it.

Only problem is I can't remember which gtk2 theme I was using before. :mrgreen:
Myrmidon83
Level 4
Level 4

Postby misswham on Sun May 27, 2012 1:48 pm

I was using Helena for a few years and loved it. Well i had a lot going on, on my desktop with compiz. MATE is closer to Helena than CINNAMON is and I can configure most of it without problem except compiz had my desktop acting a fool. Everytime I moved the mouse, the screen would flicker on and off and my windows all of a sudden didnt have the +-x at the top right for me to mininize, maximize or close. It was horrible but i just REloaded MATE over again and just didnt fool with compiz.

All n all I like the LOOK of CINNAMON but MATE gave me more playing field with chaning colors etc.
misswham
Level 2
Level 2

Postby holadebob on Sun May 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Mint 13 is just plain incredible. Finally(!) did my backups of my stuff on my really comfy Mint9, downloaded Mint13, decided to go Mate, and installed it. I use my computer strictly as a tool (without the curvy windows, flashes and attacking icons), and it was not only possible, but super easy to exactly duplicate my Mint 9 setup. I can now relax and get on with my life as it is, with a hot desktop ready to tackle the job.

Clem, you and Mint define smooth and cool. Thank you so much for your dedication!

Bob
holadebob
Level 1
Level 1

Postby dexl on Tue May 29, 2012 2:48 pm

I was going to start a new thread on how great LM13 MATE is, but then I saw someone was faster.

Indeed, this is an excellent edition, it's plain, it's got everything in its place, it's a pleasure to work with it. Simply great! Thank you for the release.
dexl
Level 2
Level 2

Postby AAAAH!ERMAGAWD!HELP! on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Almost started a new thread before seeing this one.

Linux Mint 13 Mate is the best operating system on the planet. Debate me and you'll turn into a cat. Before, Lucid Lynx, hands down, was the best OS ever. Now MATE is a movement that Ubuntu should have made; continue lucid lynx. Way to go Linuxmint! You've modernized Lucid Lynx to the point you can call it your own. Keep going! MATE is the right direction.
AAAAH!ERMAGAWD!HELP!
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Chat about Linux Mint