Mint 13 Mate

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
oldfart59

Mint 13 Mate

Post by oldfart59 »

I am new to Linux. I am not full Linux yet. I have tried many versions of Linux (Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Knoppix, Redhat, etc) but this has got to be the best I have ever tried. I have even tried version 12 of Mint and it was nothing like version 13 (it was good but not this good). I have tried most every version of Linux going over the years but nothing compares to this one. I had to come here and tell you why I am so impressed with Mint 13. I have a nettop. Acer Aspire. 250GB hd, of course only 1GB ram, 10.1" screen and a single core w/HT Atom cpu@1.6GHz with Windows 7. This thing says it can play HD video. Well it does.....sort of. It plays 1280x720 HD with lots of pausing and freezing. Play 1920x1080 and the audio plays but the video just freezes and never really starts to play. I put Mint 13 on a thumb drive and booted my nettop with that. I then plugged in another thumb drive with a 1080p movie on it and it actually played. Froze a little but still it played. So I decided to install Mint on my nettop to see how well that would work. I couldn't believe it. 1920x1080p played without freezing or pausing! I brought up the system monitor. It pause playing for about 1 second while the hard drive was being accessed and then resumed playing. System monitor said cpu was at 96-98 percent. Thats where Windows 7 was with 1280x720! If Windows 8 isn't revised and the taskbar and start menu restored, this is what will be on my 5 computers (2 desktops, 2 laptops and my nettop). I'm sure I can find alternative software for what I use in Windows.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
zerozero

Re: Mint 13 Mate

Post by zerozero »

[moved here]
AAAAH!ERMAGAWD!HELP!

Re: Mint 13 Mate

Post by AAAAH!ERMAGAWD!HELP! »

Yeah Mint 13 Mate is the best ever!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”